All dairy producers are invited to enter the 2023 South African Dairy Championships, the biggest, most prestigious, and oldest dairy event in the country, celebrating its 190th anniversary this year.
According to Breyton Milford, General Manager of Agri-Expo, the purpose of the annual championships is to recognise and promote excellence in the South African dairy industry. “Agri-Expo is proud of this milestone and look forward to serving the dairy industry for many years to come as this competition has become the benchmark for producers to measure themselves against each other”.
The championships, hosted by Agri-Expo since 1834, attracts around 900 entries from large, medium, and small manufacturers. These dairy products compete for the esteemed titles of SA Champion, the Qualité mark of excellence, and the ultimate Product of the Year, awarded at the high-profile South African Dairy Awards.
HOW THE CHAMPIONSHIPS WORKS
• Any dairy producer with products available in the trade may enter the championships.
• The championships consists of more than 100 classes for cheese, yoghurt, milk, cream, ice cream, butter, and other dairy products. The winners in each of the classes are crowned as SA Champions.
• Products of exceptional quality that achieve a specific minimum mark on the international scorecard are awarded the Qualité award, recognised by the SA dairy industry as the only mark of excellence.
• The product scoring the highest mark is crowned Product of the Year.
• Online entries open on Wednesday 1 March 2023 – ENTER HERE
• The closing date for entries is Friday 24 March 2023.
• Judging takes place on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 April 2023 at Eensgezind outside Durbanville.
• The SA Dairy Awards will be presented on Thursday 25 May 2023 at Eensgezind outside Durbanville.
The SA Dairy Championships and the SA Dairy Awards are made possible through collaboration with platinum partner Synercore and other partners. For more information, visit www.cheesesa.co.za, call 021 863 1599 / 083 440 1628 or email.
ISSUED BY AGRI-EXPO
ISABEAU PR & COMMUNICATIONS
+27(0)72 247 5868